WordPress is a blogging and content management platform, which has already worked on the lines of search engine optimization and has come up with a solution called All-in-one SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Pack. It is a WordPress plugin to automatically optimize or make available your WordPress blog as a search result.
You can optimize each and everything in your blog or site by using this plugin; starting from home page and title to each post you make. Available features are:
- Advanced Google Plus integration.
- Advanced canonical URLs.
- Allows advanced users to fine tune the settings while the basic users can just install and relax as it works out-of-the-box.
- It is the ONLY plugin which provides SEO integration for WP e-commerce sites.
- You can override any title and META descriptions and keywords which you want.
- The plugin automatically generates the META tags.
- It has a built-in API which allows others plugins to access and extend functionality.
- You can fine tune your Page Navigational Links.
- The plugin automatically removes the duplicate content which is usually found on WordPress content.
- It has a backward compatibility with many other plugins.
You can automatically install the plugin by using the built-in plugin installer or you can manually activate the plugin through the WordPress plugins. You can go to the SEO options, configure the desired one and enable the desired plugin. If you want to upgrade the plugin manually, you can repeat the installation process and re-enable the plugin. But you should always remember to take a backup before you actually do the upgrade. Remember, GreenGeeks offers 1-click installation of WordPress which takes some of the hard work out of getting setup.
There are a lot of options for you to deal with when you go to the settings of All-in-one SEO pack to configure it. Some of them are listed down below.
- Plugin Status: You need to enable the plugin after you install and also after each update. This process will help you to review the settings every time a change occurs.
- Home Title: This is the place for the home page title of your site. It is usually left blank as the WordPress defaults you to the site name defined in WordPress configuration.
- Home Description: You can provide your content META description in this box. You should fill this description properly.
- Post Title Format: You can customize each of the six title boxes available to give a better presentation.
- Description Format: You have four automated formats for your description.
- Google Analytics ID: You can provide your ID, if you are using Google Analytics tool.
- Auto Generate Descriptions: You can enable this checkbox to auto generate your site or blog description using the first 150 words of your content. This will be of a great help when you use the keywords in the initial parts of content itself.
All-in-one SEO Pack versus WordPress SEO by Yoast
Both of these plugins are equally good and competing though they have their own set of extra features. All-in-one SEO Pack is easily installable than SEO by Yoast. From the listings below we can find out the extra features of each of the plugin.
All-in-one SEO Pack
- Supports canonical URLs i.e., it redirects the users to the original pages.
- Allows working on Meta Information and set default settings.
- Provides technical support for paid versions.
WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Supports breadcrumbs – It is an interface expert term stating an easy trail for navigation.
- Provides Page Analysis – This diagnostic tool helps you to understand your common mistakes relating to SEO on the page.
- Widgetized Post Edit screen – It will give a preview of the way it would be displayed on the search engine result.
- XML Sitemaps
- Snippet Preview of your page in the Search Engine Results.
- Access and edit .htaccess and robot.txt files
As you can see that WordPress SEO by Yoast is a plugin with higher feature count, you can still opt for the easily installable All-in-one SEO pack as all the additional features provided by Yoast can be added to the latter in the form of add-on plugins. The All-in-one SEO Pack is considered to be simple only because of its limited feature count.
All-in-one SEO pack is one of the most popular and highly downloaded WordPress SEO plugins available. Using this All-in-one SEO plugin you can optimize your website for the search engines effortlessly. There are also various bug fixes and security updates in this plugin which will keep your website safe. You should always remember to have a title having keywords but not stuffed with it to have an effective result.