Today there are numerous websites being hosted on a daily basis around the world under varied categories and fields that include business, telecommunication, personal, government and many more. Drupal Guestbook acts like a record for you to track all the website visitors, their contact information and any other feedback they wish to provide. Drupal Guestbook helps you in understanding your website’s audience reach-ability. Maintaining a proper guestbook also assists you as a free marketing campaign tool and defines the types of audience visiting the website. The Drupal Guestbook will simply acknowledge the fact of a visitor to your website. This kind of an informal and quick message and feedback platform will help you to further improve your website depending on the audience type. Drupal Guestbook is written especially for the Drupal Versions 6.0 and above. The Drupal Guestbook module will help you in maintaining guestbook for your website as well as individual users. You can manage your guestbook like deleting the entries and comments. All the available avatars would be displayed in the Drupal Guestbook entries.
Drupal Guestbook is similar to any other website guestbook modules and is written especially for the Drupal Versions 6.0 and above. The Drupal Guestbook module will help you in maintaining guestbook for your website as well as individual users. The Drupal Guestbook allows you to manage the guestbook like deleting the entries and comments. All the available avatars would be displayed in the Drupal Guestbook entries.
Installation and Administration
The process for installing and administering the Drupal Guestbook is listed below:
- Ensure you have web hosting that supports Drupal.
- Download the Drupal Guestbook module.
- Copy the Drupal Guestbook module to your Drupal module directory.
- Activate the Drupal Guestbook module in the module’s admin page.
- Configure the permissions for the Drupal Guestbook module.
- Set the Drupal Guestbook module settings at “admin/settings/dgb”.
- Set the Drupal content at “admin/content/dgb”.
Drupal Guestbook Related Modules
Drupal Guestbook is developed in such a way that it integrates with a wide variety of other modules to improve its own performance and deliver a better experience to you. Some of the modules are detailed below:
- Drupal Guestbook Smileys: Drupal Guestbook Smileys renders integration between the Smileys module and Drupal Guestbook. Smileys are a simple Drupal module that allows the usage of emoticons on the Drupal website. You are even free to set up some custom smileys in an unlimited fashion.
- Drupal Guestbook Spam: Drupal Guestbook Spam renders integration between the Spam module and Drupal Guestbook. You can utilize both the Spam and Drupal Guestbook module managements to delete the spam entries and manage the Drupal Guestbook in a better way. For the use of Drupal, the Spam module is developed in PHP script. The Spam module learns and blocks the spammers IP’s and URL’s automatically.
- Drupal Guestbook Contextual: Drupal Guestbook Contextual renders the Drupal Guestbook relevant contextual links, which assist in performing DGB related actions. Drupal Guestbook Contextual acts as the DGB backport.
- Drupal Guestbook Rules: Drupal Guestbook Rules renders integration between the Drupal Guestbook and the Rules module. The Rules module allows you to define the ECA rules to execute actions based on events.
- Drupal Guestbook Views: Drupal Guestbook Views renders integration between the Views module and Drupal Guestbook. With the help of this Views module you can create different User Interface’s to administer your Guestbook’s. The Views module is available by default in Drupal 8.
In addition to the modules discussed above, Drupal Guestbook is designed to integrate with many other modules for better performance. Some of those modules are listed and briefly detailed below:
- Activity: The Activity module assists you and your site users by providing the updates of the activities being taken place in your site in the form of notifications and RSS Feeds. Since the Activity module is extendable, it easily integrates with the Drupal Guestbook module.
- Author Pane: The Author Pane module displays the information of a specific user with regards to their name, profile picture, online status, contact link and many more.
- Email Verification: The Email Verification module performs an advanced search with regards to the original existence and validity of the email addresses being submitted in the Guestbook.
- Pathauto: The Pathauto module generates the path for various contents in your website automatically.
Adding CAPTCHA to Drupal Guestbook
CAPTCHA helps you to receive the legitimate feedback such as contact forms, comments, guestbook entries and many more. By adding CAPTCHA to your Drupal Guestbook, you can assure that the entries are made by humans and not by spambots. Adding CAPTCHA to your Drupal Guestbook is very simple, if you follow these steps:
- Search the form_id you are looking for
- Follow the route “admin/user/captcha”
- Add the “guestbook_form_entry_form” to the column named form_id
- Finally choose the type of Challenge
In simple words, Drupal Guestbook is good to have in your website, for better understanding of the audience type and future enhancements of your website. This Drupal module is simple to handle and establish.