Internet is an awesome technology, which has spread its wings fully over the last decade. Today, with the advent of Internet, people are able to shop sitting at home. You can access any sort of information by just making a mouse click at any point of time. These facets of Internet are exposed to the world due to Content Management System.
Content Management System allows the content to publish, edit and change from a central interface to all the authorized users. It also enables the website to stay fresh with latest updates and provides Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Content Management System generally has a Front-end and Back-end. The front-end is the Website, which the visitors would see and the back-end is an admin panel, which is used to add content or information. The contents can be static pages, blogs, news posts, galleries and albums, videos, audios and so on.
The different types of Content Management Systems are as listed below:
- Web Content Management System: The main function of this Content Management System is to create, store and organize the content in the Website. The other function is to index and assemble the content at runtime and deliver the content to the user.
- Component Content Management System: This Content Management System is more structured and hence it is called as a component. The component development includes Authoring, Versioning, Approving and Using.
- Enterprise Content Management System: As the name implies, this Content Management System deals with vast data with the bigger enterprises. It organizes enterprise documents using a structured methodology.
Components of a Content Management System Website
The process of designing a CMS website is similar to architectural design. The design needs extreme planning and hence it brings challenges to the Web designers. For the static Website, the content is published one time, wherein for dynamic Website, the content is updated and published over the course of time.
The Navigation plays a significant role in design of CMS Website. While designing the navigation of your website it is essential to keep it simple.
In CMS Website, the content or the data is structured and dynamic. Layouts should be representing the structure of your data on your website. While designing the layout of a CMS website, ease of operation should be the key thing to be remembered.
Free CMS hosting is possible with the help of an open source content management system. The open source content management systems are discussed below.
WordPress is the stylish and classy Content Management System and a blogging tool which is free to use. WordPress has been the first choice of website owners when it comes to the Content Management System. It is an open source framework powered by PHP as a programming language and MySQL as a database. Take a look at our WordPress hosting option.
Used as a backend for more than 2% of the websites on the internet, Drupal is the most convenient option for web owners looking for open sourced CMS. Drupal is developed by community members spread all over the world so contains the best development modules contributed by the best of the brains. It is open source software which is invariably used as a content management system over the last decade. CMS with Drupal is mostly preferred for large corporate, educational institutions, hospitals and libraries. Take a look at our Drupal hosting options.
Like WordPress and Drupal, Joomla is also an open source content management system and is popular among the web owners due to its open source, cross platform credentials. Joomla is characterized by model.view.controller (MVC) which can be used independently in integrative content management system. Take a look at our Joomla hosting options.
The basic CMS hosting plans offered by GreenGeeks includes functional features, which are essential and free:
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- GreenGeeks are committed to provide Unlimited disk space and bandwidth with no hidden costs
- 24×7 technical support
- GreenGeeks assures you of the best in class technical support which is the most appreciated aspect of the services provided
- 99.99% uptime
- Website’s uptime with GreenGeeks can be guaranteed to 99.99%
- Money back guarantee
- Instead of providing a trial period, GreenGeeks provides the web owners with 30 days money back guarantee, it helps to gauge the applicability of the web hosting plans to your website.
Having a great content management system is possible, if the website owner knows the requirement of their CMS clearly. At the start, in order to get acquainted with the available web hosting plans and platforms, choosing for free CMS hosting is a cautious decision, which may benefit the website owner in future.